Here are some useful tools for making paper flowers:
- Piercing mat and piercing tool – a foam mouse mat will work just as well, but make sure that it’s one of the thicker ones.
- Wooden skewer – for rolling petals
- Embossing stylus – mine is from my Stampin Up Simply Scored scoreboard – for shaping small petals and for creating veins on leaves
- Ball tools – (blue) these are from my local cake decorating shop and cost about $5 or $6 each – for shaping petals of different sizes
- Mellon baller! – yes, I tried using this before I got my ball tools, and it will do if you can’t get your hands on the ball tools.
- Tweezers – for holding tiny pieces while gluing.
- Bone folder (not shown) – also for breaking the fibres of cardstock and shaping petals.
Over the next several posts I will be showing some closer shots of the flowers I’ve been making, and listing the supplies used to make them.