When you are giving a CD as a gift for a birthday or other special occasion, why not make an attractive gift box for it. You can decorate the box to suit the occasion.
STAMPS: So Swirly Jumbo Wheel (109683)
INK: Rich Razzleberry (115658), Old Olive (102277), Pumpkin Pie (105216), Versamark (102283)
CARDSTOCK: Razzleberry (119981), Old Olive (106576), Pumpkin Pie (108601), Very Vanilla (106550)
ACCESSORIES: Stampin Around Jumbo Handle (103661),Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (118138), Petals-A-Plenty Textured Impression Embossing Folder (116824), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439),Eyelet Border Punch (119853), Sticky Strip (104294), Stampin Dimensionals (104430), Sponge Daubers (102892)
1. Cut a piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock to measure 10 ½” x 5 ¾”. Score at 5” and 5 ½” on the long side. This forms the front flap and back of the box.
2. Cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock to measure 7 ¾” x 5 ¾”. Score at ½” and 1” from both ends of the short sides and from the edge of one of the long sides. This forms the pocket that goes inside the folded piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock. See sketch below.
3. Cut the 2 corners that have the double score lines and remove.
4. Cut a piece away from the top long edge so that when the box is put together you can see the CD inside.
5. Now you can decorate the pocket if you wish. I used the So Swirly Wheel inked with Versamark.
6. Fold the 2 sides in at the score lines and attach Sticky Strip to the outer edges. Fold the bottom at the score lines and attach Sticky Strip to the outer fold. Attach to the bottom of the Rich Razzleberry piece with the corners and edges lined up.
7. Now decorate the front flap. Here I used a 5 ½” x 4 ½” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that has been embossed with the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder. Once embossed I used 3 daubers to apply Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie ink from the Classic Stampin Pads to the flowers in a pattern. The edges have been sponged with Rich Razzleberry ink.
8. To make the embossed piece fit the front flap, cut a piece about 1” from the bottom – you will attach this to the bottom of the flap and the larger piece to the top of the flap, leaving a gap of about ½”.
9. This will be covered with a 5 ¾” x 1 ½” strip of Old Olive cardstock that has been punched along both long edges with the Eyelet Border punch. Sponge the edges with Old Olive ink.
10. Use the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die to create butterflies in Pumpkin Pie cardstock, sponge the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink and attach to the front of the box with Dimensionals.